Friday, February 24, 2012

All Star Break 2012

Hello! Finally, my first post, first blog, first on this everything! I love the NBA, but let me get it out there that I am a die hard Lakers fan at heart. I will always bleed purple and gold.  However, rest assured that I will try my very best to stay objective in everything I talk about here. I'm looking forward to being able to interact with different people and listening to different opinions also.

The biggest news that I got today is: Rasheed Wallace joining the Lakers.

Like I said, I am an avid Laker fan.  This news comes to me as a precursor move to possibly two things:

A) Pau Gasol, my favorite Laker, is on the move, and Sheed was signed to help bolster the front court hole he is going to leave.

B) As an Andrew Bynum insurance since he reportedly requires some kind of injection on his right knee, though he will play and start his first All Star Game, there is chance that he might miss time again.

Sheed has not played in an NBA game in a year and a half, but apparently he is in good shape.  At this point, I am not sure if he is even an upgrade over Troy Murphy or Josh McRoberts.  If he is, Sheed provides the Lakers some much needed perimeter shooting and some interior toughness.

The glaring need is still at the guard position, particularly the point guard spot.  Derek Fisher is not starting material anymore, and Steve Blake, along with the rest of the Lakers bench, is mediocre at best.

The bottom line, Lakers definitely need to make some moves as the roster cannot compete for a title as it is.  Bryant and Gasol aren't getting any younger either.   Their window is closing fast.  I think a small tweak here and there would be fine.  Hopefully, whatever move or no move comes up by the March 15th trade deadline, does not hurt the Lakers chances of landing that BIG 2012 Free Agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment